Monday, September 16, 2013

The life of a paper

I was born not too long ago, however my mother regrettably died giving birth to me. Everything that happened the last few days have been a blur but now i find myself trapped, stuck between hundreds of my brothers, or half brothers, or at least look alikes. You can never tell really. It's rather troublesome to not know who your family is sometimes. It's dark in here; lonely. My two neighbors just lay there, not really talkers. The thin line of light comes from the side where an invisible barrier prevents my escape.

A few days later i find myself fresh air and beautiful light..but it wasn't sunlight..no, i was in a building with strange mobile beings, looking at me. I'm put in front of one of them nonchalantly, as if i were a mere tool. I start to panic as one of them takes his pencil to my flesh, cutting at me. Fortunately it doesn't hurt much as i dont rip, but it hurts nonetheless. The only benefit is that i finally have conversation, the being of sorts telling me his ideas on "A walk in the woods." Whatever that is.

A few weeks later- or less; i can't really tell, i find that i've come back to the creature, decorated with a number on my head. He grins a a bit then walks to what appears to be a safekeep for us; opens it and throws me inside.

How long will i be here? Trapped again in what they call a "folder" in the dark regions of the classroom. Will i ever be let out ?

1 comment: